Local Scholarship Announcement for Distance Learning
** PLEASE NOTE: We have extended our scholarship deadline to April 10th 2020. ** Application window is now closed to LOCAL scholarships that use the common application.
Scholarship Awards Night: MAY 2020 UPDATE
Scholarship awards night will look a little different this year! We are planning a Live Stream Event on Tuesday June 2nd, 2020 from 6:00pm to 09:00pm. Detailed instructions on how to access the live stream will be posted at a later date for all students and community memebers that would like to watch and support.
Prior to the Live Stream Event, we will contact all recipients that have won something so they know to tune in.
Mr. Roberts and Mr. Boyd will present at a podium and read the scholarships offered, descriptions, and the winner selected. To keep the safety of everyone in mind, no committee members will be able to present.
Following the Live Event we will mail home awards certificates and recipients way to contact their donors.
Seaside High School thanks our students, parents, and the community for all of the continued support of our graduates. Your ability to change with the rolling tides has been nothing short of amazing! Please reach out to Mrs. Thompson with any questions.
State and National Scholarships 2019-2020
The following scholarships have been publicized to the SHS Counseling Office for the class of 2020.
- 2019 El Dabe Ritter Scholarship: Deadline June 30th, 2020
This scholarship is now available to any high school senior in the United States that desires to apply. More information can be found on our scholarship application found below.
Minimum 3.0 GPA
See files below
- LCHRMA Scholarship: Deadline June 30th, 2020
The Lower Columbia Human Resource Management Association (LCHRMA) awards scholarships up to $1,500 to residents of Clatsop, Columbia, Tillamook and Pacific county who are graduating high school seniors or current college students.
The intent of the LCHRMA Scholarship is to help finance education to students pursuing a career in business, especially those interested in the Human Resource field. Scholarship funds may be applied to tuition, books, and fees for the fall term at an accredited college or university.
See files below
- Mahin and Saifulla Salemy High School Scientific Scholarship: Deadline July 15th, 2020
It is open to high school seniors in the United States who have been accepted to and will attend college (either 4-year or community) in the United States, and have an interest in the sciences.
See files below
**Online scholarship searches: Be cautious! Be careful of internet scholarship scams! It should never cost money to apply for a scholarship opportunity!**
Expired Scholarship Opportunities: (These are NO LONGER open to applicants)
- Horatio Alger Scholarship: Deadline October, 25th 2019
- Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship: Deadline October, 31st 2019
- Seaside Elks Lodge Scholarship: Deadline November, 5th 2019
- Hagan Scholarship: Deadline November, 15th 2019
- OCCA Scholarship: Deadline December, 1st 2019
- Renaissance Scholars Program: First Deadline December, 15th 201
- Al Forthan Memorial Scholarship: Deadline February, 3rd 2020
- The North Coast Scholarship Foundation (NCSF): Deadline February, 10th 2020
- Institute for Cultural Initiatives Scholarship: Deadline March 1st, 2020
- Oregon Community Leadership Scholarship: Deadline March 6th, 2020
- North Coast Chapter A.B.A.T.E of Oregon: Deadline March 6th, 2020
- Delta Kappa Gamma Alpha Omega Memorial Scholarship: Deadline March 6th, 2020
- Baked Alaska Culinary Arts or Vocational Training Scholarship: Deadline March 6th, 2020
- International Longshoremen's and Warehousemen's Union Local # 50: Deadline March 6th, 2020
- Oregon PTA Teacher Education Scholarship 2020: Deadline March 30th, 2020
- Women of Astoria Golf & Country Club: Deadline April 17th, 2020
- Oregon Jaycee Foundation Scholarship 2020: Deadline April 17th, 2020
- Master Gardener Scholarship 2020: Deadline April 17th 2020
- Pointe Pest Control: Pay it forward scholarship: Deadline April 29th, 2020
- West Oregon Electric Cooperative, INC. VOLTA Scholarship: Deadline April 30th, 2020
- 2020 Sam Hearing Scholarship: Deadline April 30th, 2020
- Jerry Westerholm Memorial Scholarship: Deadline May 1st, 2020